What is social media marketing in Kenya?
Social media marketing is a way of building relationships with customers and prospects online through social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
In this guide, I will walk you through the five pillars of social media marketing.
Before that, let’s look at some social media numbers in Kenya.
Social media statistics for Kenya
- There were 11.00 million social media users in Kenya in January 2021.
- The number of social media users in Kenya increased by 2.2 million (+25%) between 2020 and 2021.
- The number of social media users in Kenya was equivalent to 20.2% of the total population in January 2021.
What does this tell you?
It is time to get on social media and be serious about it.
5 Pillars of Social Media Marketing
And to do that, use these pillars to build your business on social media in Kenya.
Strategy defines goals and outlines how they will be accomplished.
A social media marketing strategy should include:
- Defining goals and outlining how they will be accomplished
- Creating a target audience (who is your market?)
- Knowing which platform(s) to use to reach those specific audiences, or at least have an understanding of what platforms are used by each targeted demographic. This can help you decide where and when it would make sense to post information about your company’s product/service on different networks, as well as determine the type of content that should be shared.
- Developing the best possible social media content for that desired audience
For example: if your goal is to gain more followers from 18 – 24-year-olds who live within 20 miles of Nairobi, then Facebook might not be the most effective choice.
You will need to know what platform they use and the type of content they engage with more.
2). Planning & Publishing
This is the second pillar of social media marketing in Kenya.
This is where you decide how content will be distributed across various networks to reach target audiences, and when to publish content.
Here, you need to set up a social media calendar for your business.
By doing so, you plan ahead and avoid last-minute posting. This can ensure that the most appropriate content is shared at the right time, on the right platform(s).
If there’s an event coming up next week, then it would be wise to post information about the said event now (and probably again closer to showtime), so interested followers will know what they’re getting themselves into.
It could also make sense to share some photos or video footage from previous events as well if those are accessible via Facebook/Twitter etc.
A company might want to take advantage of downtime around major holidays like Christmas by sharing discounted offers with their audience when people may be spending more time on their laptops or smartphones.
Additionally, you need to answer the question; how often to post and at what time.
As your business starts using social media marketing in Kenya, the conversation will start.
People will start commenting and tagging your business on posts.
Responds to comments on social media with relevant messages to start a conversation about your product.
How to better engage with your audience on social media;
- Ask questions to get feedback from your audience – this is a great way to provide insight into what your customers want and need. You can also ask them about their likes, dislikes, reviews/comments on products or services.
- Hosting weekly contests with a prize of something relevant- This will help increase engagement in your posts by giving people the opportunity to win prizes which they are interested in only if they engage with you!
- Have “real-time” social media conversations about topics that are relevant at the time. The more up-to-date information you have about what’s currently happening around town or worldwide, the better chance there is that you’ll be able to speak directly to those who would otherwise not know because it doesn’t happen where they live. For example; You could post about a fire in the area, which would cause people to be interested because it happened near them.
Engagements ties to monitoring.
You need to monitor the social media landscape to better understand who your desired audience is and what they want.
It also helps understand who is talking about your brand and what they are saying (whether positive or negative).
You can do this by using social monitoring tools that aggregate all your social media mentions and messages, including posts that didn’t tag your business’s social media profile.
- Social Mention
4). Measurement & Analysis
Uses available data (such as likes) from various networks and websites to assess the success of campaign goals.
Think of this as the moment of truth.
How are your social media marketing efforts working?
How to measure social media campaigns performance:
- The number of likes follows, and Shares on a post or page is an indicator of how many people find it interesting. If you are trying to build your following these metrics will help show success with more followers over time.
- Facebook Insights- track insights for pages including audience demographics as well as what posts get the most engagement
- Google Analytics – Track user behavior (page views), identify traffic sources that drive conversions, track conversion funnels from campaign links to goals which include social media referrals
- YouTube TrueView reports – Tracks videos performance by the 30-day view count, daily video impressions, daily ad revenue, and daily cost per view.
How to analyze social media performance:
Social Media Campaign Performance Report will help you get the analysis you need.
Social media campaign effectiveness is evaluated by the number of impressions, clicks and conversions.
You can see how your campaign is performing in these areas on a daily basis with access to this report.
This includes an overview color coded of what percentage of posts are getting seen (seen), clicked (clicked) and converting into sales or leads (converted).
The goal for each day should be at least 20% conversion rate per post. If you’re not reaching that target then it’s time to rethink your strategy!
5). Social Media Ads
Social Media Advertising happens when companies pay to promote their content on social networks.
It is beneficial for businesses and consumers alike because they have an opportunity to see new products/services before everyone else does and share them with their network.
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- Twitter Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- TikTok Ads
By using social media ads in Kenya, you increase awareness and engagement with potential customers.
It is cost-effective when done right, but if the ad campaign isn’t successful, then it’s just throwing money away.
To create successful social media ads in Kenya, consider these;
a). What is the objective of the ad?
Are you trying to reach more people, get page likes, get more engagement, what is your objective?
b). Decide which social networks to invest in
Based on the demographics and psychographics of your target market.
For example, if you’re marketing a more high-end service or product that is usually marketed towards an older demographic, investing time into LinkedIn may be worth it.
This is because there’s a higher likelihood of finding enough prospective customers through their algorithms,
However, for younger audiences who are more likely looking for deals than expensive luxury items like watches or clothes, Facebook ads would be better.
This is because they’ll have a larger audience with similar interests as well as some potential discounts being offered by companies advertising on these platforms.
c) Determine what kind of campaign you want to run
Display Ads can either show up before other content (above organic posts), in between other content (in-stream) or at the bottom of a post once someone has already started scrolling through their feed.
You can also choose to have your ads show up on mobile devices and/or desktop computers, as well as if you want them to be seen in both newsfeeds and timelines.
How to create high converting social media ads
– The first thing to do is identify your target audience. This will help you create ads that speak directly to them and their specific needs
– Write a headline that stands out, but still has relevance for the post content itself
– Include compelling copy with a strong call to action in order to drive people towards what they want from your business
– The images you use in your ads must be clear, with high quality
– Keep the message short and to the point while also including any relevant information that people may want to know about. For example: “Offer ends tomorrow!” or “Limited time offer”
– Split test different variations of those advertisements until you find what works best for your audience!
What are the benefits of social media marketing in Kenya?
1). Increased sales
Increased sales through brand awareness, product exposure, and customer acquisition.
This increased revenue is a result of both organic growth as well as lead conversion from paid ads.
With more than two billion active users on Facebook alone, it’s important to understand how these platforms work to reach your customers with targeted content that will foster relationships between consumers.
Social Media Marketing has shown an increase of up to 15% for businesses who invest money into advertising campaigns across their network sites according to many experts.
A study found that companies can reach potential buyers at just over one dollar per person when using social media marketing.
2). Reach new markets
Social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter offer an amazing way to reach out to a large number of potential customers for free.
but it’s important not just to talk to your audience, you want them engaged in the conversation.
If they’re scrolling through their feed without stopping on any posts then there’s no customer engagement happening.
And therefore nothing will happen with those people!
Make sure that every post is engaging by including eye-catching graphics or videos which are short enough (less than 15 seconds).
So that you don’t leave your viewers waiting around while they watch them play.
A study found that video ads resonate more strongly with consumers because they have a higher emotional impact on both the sender and receivers end according to experts from Google who studied social media.
c). Customer service tool
Yes, it is possible to employ social media marketing in Kenya as a customer support tool.
You can do that by replying to their complaints on these platforms publicly, privately, or through email (all three methods will work).
You can also use this type of marketing as a way to thank customers who have purchased something from your company by offering coupons and discounts exclusively to them.
Contact prospects and people who might show interest in your company through social media sites.
And even encourage customers to share their experience on the platform you have chosen for customer support, such as Yelp, Facebook or Twitter.
You can’t ignore the power of social media. It’s time to create a solid strategy for your business or blog and get in front of these endless opportunities.